MAIN STREET FREDERICKSBURG
FVMS received a VA Main Street grant to move forward with branding Downtown. Forever Revolutionary is the tag line with a new logo that complements the Fredericksburg region’s Timeless’s brand. This website, the redesigned gift cards and LoveFXBG cards resulted from this grant. Coming are new open late flags, banners on Market Square Alley and other promotional materials to brand Downtown. FVMS encourages our Downtown Businesses to use the new logo in their marketing activities. See Downtown Logo Usage under Business Resources. If you have an interest in branding as we move forward, reach out to DD Lecky.
Discover Downtown Series
One thing we all have in common – we are all ambassadors for Downtown. To be better ambassadors to our visitors and residents, a series of educational programs will be offer highlighting our historic assets of Downtown. Be an informed ambassador! Look for upcoming dates under the calendar, Main Street Workshops & Events
We work with a variety of partners to bring in speakers and consultants to answer the needs from our business and property owners Reach out to Brian Lam at [email protected] if you have an idea for subject! Look for upcoming classes under the calendar, Main Street Workshops & Events.
Below are the main activities that FVMS participates in. Check out our article on “How to Work with the Events Downtown” under the Business Resource Guide. Our calendar will showcase the many other events that affect Downtown.
- Side Walk Sale – Rooted in history as a traditional way to promote Downtown, these events are held in Spring and Fall
- Small Business Saturday – The Saturday after Thanksgiving, is known as Small Business Saturday or Shop Small. Taking the cue from American Express, we collaborate with them to highlight the Day in Fredericksburg Downtown. Reach out to either [email protected] or the executive director at [email protected] for more information. It’s a day
- Holiday Open House Weekend and the Holiday Season– Second Saturday in November is the beginning of the Holiday Season for Downtown and the start of the Window Wonderland Contest. Always looking for entertainers for the weekend and the remainder of the season. Contact the executive director at [email protected].
- Downtown Fall Events in October – This is truly a collaboration with Rappahannock Fredericksburg Rotary, Fredericksburg Parent Magazine, FVMS and the City’s Police for three fall events: Scarecrow Contest, an outdoor movie night, and Treats on the Streets
- Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon – Held in May, FVMS introduced Thunder Alley on Caroline Street 2 years ago, to welcome runners Downtown. The Thunder is created by the musicians, and free noisemakers given out along with photo opportunities shots, and free coffee and doughnuts to runners and attendees. FVMS partners with the Economic Development & Tourism office with the booth at the Expo Center by suppling information to runners about Downtown and donated a Downtown gift basket to a lucky runner that visited the Expo Center.
- Downtown 31 – Fredericksburg’s version of first night. We collaborate with Parks & Rec department for different activities that will bring people Downtown for this festive event.
Face the River
A public and private partnership with the City, with emphasizes the cleaning up the river bank because of its economic impact on Downtown. Current plans are concentrating on the riverfront within the 800 to 1000 blocks of Sophia Street. Reach out to Main Street leads, Tom Smith at [email protected] or David Dorsey at [email protected] to get involved.
Free Facade Design
Frazier Design Associates out of Staunton offers free faced designs for historic properties within the Main Street District. For more information, go to property owner page or reach out to FVMS Executive Director at [email protected]
Gift Card Program
Initiated in 2014, to retain capital Downtown, it’s an easy gift solution for someone who loves Downtown. There are no fees for the business owner to participate in the program. Dominations are in $5, $10, and $20 increments. Cards can be purchased at the Visitor Center, Libertytown Arts Works and on line. Any questions on this program, contact [email protected].
FVMS is the main lead in the Look and Feel of Downtown for the Holiday season. Want to join in the planning process for the holidays, reach out to [email protected]
A successful marketing campaign with over 13,000 uses on Instagram in 2016. This is an ongoing digital campaign that promotes what we love about Fredericksburg. Reach out to Fred Wellman for specifics.
Open Late Initiative
FVMS provides a free Open Late flag for businesses that are open to at least 8pm. The goal is to encourage reasons to visit Downtown after 5pm. Look under business resources for all the details.
The first visual project completed for FVMS with the help of numerous volunteers, Tree Fredericksburg, Department of Public Works, and Roxbury Nursery. Over 25 planters are located though out Downtown and in the Market Square Alley. At least twice a year, the planters are changed out for the different seasons. If you want to help beautified Downtown, reach out to Mike Carmody.
A creative way to announce your business Downtown or brag about an expansion or celebration of a special anniversary. Kirsten Sill can set you up. Visit the Business Owners Resource page for more info.